Why get onsite respirator fit testing for your employees?
Legal compliance and employee safety!! The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) mandates Respirator Fit Testing (RFT) on the federal level and state level for industries whose employees must wear certain types of masks. Employers who fail to comply face penalties of up to $7,000 for the first offense and $70,000 for repeated offenses. Onsite respirator fit testing provides an efficient and convenient means of fit-testing multiple employees at the worksite.
What is qualitative respirator fit testing?
For job positions requiring a respirator mask, Mobile Health specializes in the affordable and effective testing procedure called Qualitative fit testing. In this test, the employee wears the face mask along with a hood over their head. The tester then applies a series of test agents and gauges the employee’s ability to detect the smells and tastes. Individuals who detect these agents must have their mask adjusted or changed for proper fitting.
Does Mobile Health also offer on-site Pulmonary Function Testing?
Absolutely! Many times a worker receives a respirator fit test along with a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). Whereas the respirator fit testing ensures the mask and model worn fits the employee correctly, the pulmonary function test actually gauges the employee’s lung health. Most often employers use this test to develop a baseline to compare against future tests.
Having this established baseline helps in evaluating the cause of worker’s compensation claims, as well as making sure employees have adequate protection to perform their job.
How does my business benefit from on-site respirator fit testing with Mobile Health?
- Convenience – We can test all your employees at work, and collectively, without them having to travel.
- Compliance – Our tests, medical staff and online client portal remain entirely compliant with medical regulations.
- Reporting – Mobile Health on-site clients can access their employees’ RFT reports through our proprietary HIPAA compliant Client Portal.
- Professional – Our skilled team of medical practitioners will efficiently and accurately perform respirator fit tests at your workplace.
- Cost – Employers who invest in wellness programs can see a generated return of $6 for every $1 spent on employee wellness. These savings generally result from medical cost reductions and absenteeism savings.
What if I don’t have enough employees for onsite respirator fit testing?
For smaller businesses, Mobile Health has developed FIT KIT, which allows employers to easily perform fit testing in their own office or job site with guidance, support, and supplies from Mobile Health.
FIT KIT provides a simple, all-in-one fit testing solution:
- Mobile Health ships a FIT KIT to your office with everything you need to train your staff.
- Trainees complete online medical evaluations prior to the FIT KIT arrival.
- Follow step-by-step instructions with the accompanying Mobile Health training video, supplemented by live remote instruction.
- Upon completion, simply pack up the FIT KIT and send it back to us. We will provide a certification of RFT completion.
How do I prepare my employees for respirator fit testing?
It’s natural for first-time fit test candidates to have concerns about the procedure. In reality, candidates can expect a safe, straightforward and brief RFT experience. We’ve answered the most common questions we receive in regards to Respirator Fit Testing. Read our RFT FAQs.
What other on-site services does Mobile Health offer?
Mobile Health’s most common on-site services include: