Summary of Objectives:
Mobile Health is a growing occupational healthcare organization that utilizes technology solutions and customer service to fuel its growth. Mobile Health owns and operates six facilities in New York City and is a leading provider of employee screening services, providing over 150,000 drug screens and related physical exams each year. Mobile Health clients also have access to a growing network of facilities throughout the Northeast for employee screening services.
Working at Mobile Health
The Programmer position works out of Mobile Health’s corporate office in Manhattan, NY. Mobile Health prides itself on its hard working, yet fun culture. Holiday parties, team building outings, kickball and summer picnics are some of the events you can expect as a team member. The office is outfitted with a dartboard, games, popcorn maker, snacks, and a chalkboard. All of these elements support our belief that you have to enjoy your work!
The Programmer will be responsible for implementing new functionality as well as supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting existing features of various mission critical .NET applications and support systems. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and innovative professional with proven experience managing projects including design, development, testing, and deployment. Attention to detail with conservative approach to reducing exposure to failure is a must. Must have the ability to think outside of the box for long-term solutions and take ownership of applications.
C# / ASP.NET / VB.NET Software Developer/Programmer who joins the team will be guided through the application architecture and following a ramp up period, will be expected to handle production support issues on a regular and timely basis. During this time the incumbent will handle high-priority internal customer tickets and debugging requests.
After all features have been adequately mastered, the incumbent will move into existing feature enhancement and new feature development.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for implementing new functionality as well as supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting existing features of various mission critical .NET applications and support systems
- Managing propriety development projects including design, development, testing, and deployment with a keen attention to detail
- Focus on quality control and regression testing prior to releasing items into production.
- Will be expected to handle production support issues on a regular and timely basis. During this time the incumbent will handle high-priority internal customer tickets and debugging requests.
- After all features have been adequately mastered, the incumbent will move into existing feature enhancement and new feature development.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge ASP, ASP.NET, C# or VB.NET, and Transact-SQL.
- .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
- Ability to develop stored procedures/functions for MS SQL Server.
- Experience with versioning software for source-code control
- Proficiency in identifying and fine-tuning bottlenecks in SQL queries
- Experience with third-party libraries like Infragistics
- Experience with test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Integration Services is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment or independently and take project ownership and initiative.
- Excellent command of English language (both written and verbal).
- Proven ability to understand a customer’s needs.
- Must be willing to work after-hours on an as needed basis.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment is a plus
- Familiarity with medical interfaces and basic terminology preferred
This job operates in a professional fast-paced office environment with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type / Expected Hours
This is a full time exempt position. Although Mobile Health business days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, this position will also require occasional evening or weekend.
This role does not require travel except on rare occasions for special projects or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Mobile health provides a generous benefits package including; major medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan; disability insurance coverage, a non-taxed income flex spending plan for your health care, your dependent care and your transportation costs, discounts on events and show, and other competitive benefits that support our employee’s work-life balance.