Summary of Objectives
Mobile Health is a B2B occupational health provider with six offices located in New York City and Long Island and quickly expanding throughout the northeast and nationally. Mobile Health specializes in servicing the healthcare industry, and regularly markets to home care agencies and medical staffing firms. Our core services include physicals, drug tests, and other medical clearances for employment.
The Nurse Practitioner shall provide occupational health care services and education to clients based upon their medical and psychosocial needs. Provision of services shall be in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations and in compliance with the client’s Bill of Rights.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following duties:
- Provides quality primary care services to clients in accordance with generally accepted standards of professional practice and the policies of the center.
- Reviews all medical histories of clients upon initial visit to the center and thereafter as appropriate.
- Coordinates onsite medical care.
- Participates in ongoing comprehensive treatment planning and review.
- When appropriate, will provide onsite medical interventions.
- Ensures prompt follow-up action on clients with abnormal test results or physical findings.
- Reviews rehabilitation treatment plans, recommendations and orders such treatment.
- Refers clients to a health care facility or health care practitioner for service(s) not available at the center.
- Participates in the center’s performance improvement program that includes a planned and systematic process for monitoring and assessing the quality and appropriateness of patient care and clinical performance.
- Knowledgeable about policies/programs in Public Health and Medical Home that may affect patient care programs.
- Available to participate in center’s in-service training programs and for consultation regarding the center’s ability to meet appropriate needs of patients’ families and personnel.
- Available for consultation with Health Center care coordination staff.
- Completes accurate and timely submission of all clinical and professional records in the EMR to assure compliance with local, state, federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Work to create a positive work culture with cross departmental teams and align this work with other health care initiatives.
- Utilizes established channels of communication and supports team building efforts.
- Participates in quarterly performance improvement committee meetings.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Recognizes, accepts and respect people as individuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited program as a registered nurse. Master’s degree required.
- Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Nurse and certified as an Adult, Family Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Education Department.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Good computer literacy skills with the ability to process automated health records accurately.
- Must obtain a Medical Examiner Certification within 3 months of hire.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type / Expected Hours
This is a full time position with the requirement that the employee work during clinic service hours. On rare occasions and for special projects, evening or weekend work may be required as part of the job duties of the work.
No travel other than for special events or training is required. Mobile Health provides compensation for the cost of travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Mobile health provides a generous benefits package including; major medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan; disability insurance coverage, a non-taxed income flex spending plan for your health care, your dependent care and your transportation costs, discounts on events and show, and other competitive benefits that support our employee’s work-life balance.