As NYC DOH recommends weekly and monthly COVID-19 testing for some healthcare workers, Mobile Health has added a new Point of Care COVID-19 rapid test to its NY clinic offerings. The Accula SARS-CoV-2 Test by Mesa Biotech joins two other COVID-19 tests available at four Mobile Health New York locations.
For employers preferring to evaluate staff at their OWN workplace, Mobile Health offers ONSITE COVID-19 screening and testing.
- NEW! Accula Point of Care PCR Testing (Results in 30 minutes)
- Quidel Sofia 2 Point of Care Antigen Testing (Results in 15 minutes)
- PCR diagnostic testing through a certified lab (results 24 hours from lab sample receipt)
NYC DOH Testing Guidance for Healthcare Workers
Acknowledging recent flare-ups in COVID-19 in parts of the city, NYC DOH Health Alert #38 recommends periodic COVID-19 screening of asymptomatic individuals who may have an increased risk for exposure or exposing others.
NYC DOH recommends screening be performed using an NAA (PCR) test. However, it added an antigen test may be considered for screening in congregate settings that conduct frequent testing. Mobile Health offers both COVID-19 PCR and antigen tests.
Specifically, NYC DOH recommends the following screening frequency for these healthcare professions:
WEEKLY COVID-19 Screening
- Staff of nursing homes and adult care facilities
MONTHLY COVID-19 Screening
- Health Care personnel
- Persons residing or working in congregate settings, including long-term care facilities
- First responders and support staff
- Occupational, physical and speech therapists
Screening Every 1 to 3 Months*
- Home Health Care Workers
- National Guard/military in COVID-19 response
- Building security
*The exact screening interval should be based on possible risk exposures. For a complete list of professions and recommended screening intervals, refer to NYC DOH Health Alert #38.
Schedule NYC COVID-19 Tests with a Trusted Provider
Make New York-based Mobile Health your trusted COVID-19 testing provider. We stay current with all occupational health guidance and regulations. In business since 1984, we see 250,000+ patients annually. In addition to COVID-19 testing, our medical staff offers in-clinic and worksite pre-employment drug tests, Tuberculosis (TB) exams & Tuberculosis X-rays, Respirator Fit Tests (RFTs), and more.