NYC designed vaccination program for a flu free workplace.
Offered across New York City Area:
- Insurance Billing
- On-site Clinics
- Express Appointments
Customize your own program:
- Available in all Mobile Health locations.
- Wait-time: 15 minute or less.
- Available on evenings & weekends.
- Online scheduling and reporting.
- Perfect for a decentralized workforce.
- Learn more about Flu Shot Express
- Available in your office or place of business.
- Flexible hours around your schedule.
- Dedicated nurse with mobile clinical kit.
- Perfect for a centralized workforce.
- Learn more about On-site Flu Vaccination clinics
Getting a flu shot is easy, so is the billing. Choose a corporate flu shot program with employer sponsored vaccinations or billing by insurance.
Influenza Health Dangers
Every year, the CDC reports that on average 5% – 20% of the US population is infected with the influenza virus. For US businesses, this means that the virus will certainly make its way to your workplace every season.
As we all know, the flu is responsible for agonizing pain and discomfort and the eventual sick day. But more serious complications can lead to severe and life threatening illnesses. The dangers don’t stop at the workplace.
Family members or patients with weak immune systems are the biggest casualty for flu related deaths. Many fail to understand that influenza, combined with pneumonia are the 3rd most common cause of death in New York City since 2002. This helps explain why businesses and healthcare providers across the country fight every year to vaccinate their employees, and help stop the spread of influenza.
Influenza vs Your Business
Due to the severity of the flu virus, many employees need 3-6 days to recover from the illness. This recovery time includes both personal health improvement and avoiding contact with others while contagious. The only thing worse than an employee home sick with the flu is another employee home sick with the flu.
A corporate flu program is the best way to decrease sick days and maintain a healthy, productive workforce.
Why Get Involved
The fight against the flu is one of the few preventive medical measures an employer can help contribute to. The low cost of vaccination and easy accessibility makes it a perfect target for employers looking to maintain a healthy business.
Unlike other diseases or health risks that might affect an employee, the flu is preventable and predictable. The flu vaccine is the most trusted and effective way to fight the virus that always shows-up towards the late fall through early spring.
If your business succumbs to the flu it is not a rare surprise, but an expected result of an unvaccinated workforce.
Flu Vaccine Risk
Mobile Health has heard concerns that some people hesitate to get a flu shot due to the risk of actually getting the flu. Simply put, this is not true. The flu vaccine does not contain a live virus and therefore cannot infect someone with the flu. There are two common explanations for discomfort after a flu vaccine:
- The individual was sick before the vaccine. It can take up to 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build up its immunity.
- The individual’s body is simply reacting to a foreign substance in the body. This generally leads to soreness around the vaccination area and tiredness. This is not a result of the flu and symptoms general pass within a few days.
The biggest danger and risk of the flu vaccine is not getting one.